Dear Board, Site Hosts, and Directors,
CMEA Central Section is working diligently to plan for the potential of hosting festivals for Spring 2021. Given the recent changes in California, and as school districts are beginning to announce their plans for the coming school year, the Festival Committee will be pushing back our usual July meeting to September, so that we have a clear picture regarding festival host sites and what the possibilities are for festival experiences that are to our standards. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this process. We will make an announcement in September as to the potential for the Spring 2021 festival season.
Steve McKeithen - President
Mike Tackett - 1st Vice President
Rob Bentley - TKFMMM Festival Coordinator
Peggy Biller - KERN Festival Coordinator
We hope this information finds you well and that you and your families are safe during these difficult times. We all look forward to being out and about, and engaging our students again, hopefully sooner rather than later.
We are so very sorry for the missed opportunities this spring due to the COVID-19 Virus that ended our Spring 2020 festival season. In an effort to minimize paperwork for all of us, the Central Section CMEA has decided to forward all festival fees in to the 2021 festival season. In the instance you incurred a late fee this year, we will issue a $50 refund. If you desire to have a complete refund of your 2020 Large Group festival fees, please complete this form and our Treasurer and Festival Coordinators will work with you to issue a refund check.
For those of you who were able to take your groups to festivals in Bakersfield, Auberry, Visalia, Porterville, Kingsburg and Reedley, we want to thank you for your participation and remind you to order your plaques/medals as well as complete your adjudicator and festival evaluations.
Thank you for all that you do for kids and be well!
President - CMEA Central Section